Welcome to The New Standard Academy!
The New Standard's family like atmosphere provides an environment to serve the whole child in grades Head Start to 12th. The staff takes a vested interest in the success of all their students and families.
Students enrolled in The New Standard will:
- master vital core subjects
- overcome learning struggles
- become strong achievers
- be college-ready at graduation
New Standard students attend class from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. They are able to join free after-school services, including tutoring, from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. The New Standard offers academic programs such as MTSS (multi-tiered student support) and ZAP (Zeros Are Not Permitted). In MTSS, students are offered early intervention that focuses on remediation of key concepts they are deficient in. ZAP focuses on making sure students are completing assignments and able to receive extra support if needed.
Students enrolled in The New Standard can:
- be a student athlete (football, cheerleading, track, basketball, volleyball, dance)
- participate in a wide variety of after school programs (academic and social)
- overcome social/emotional obstacles with group sessions
- be part of a student leadership team!
The New Standard also serves the community, as it is our mission: "Serving the city of Flint with a higher standard in educational excellence and community wellness." Our team and students work with area residents to create educational and wellness programs that support the entire family.
Applications available online or by calling us at 810-787-3330.